26 May, 2012

REVIEW: 8-bit pixel (sun)glasses

Ladies and gentlemen, lo’ and behold…


The legendary 8-bit pixel glasses that have been gracing the faces of many idols in these recent months. And I have managed to finally grab two pairs – in both glasses and sunglasses form! These glasses are absolutely adorable and funky, and are totally reminiscent of the Super Mario Bros, back in the day... *faraway look*
 
I had been eying a pair (or two) for months after I saw B.A.P wearing these specs, and when they were finally available... I thanked the heavens and immediately ordered them. 
THERE WERE SO MANY VARIETIES AND COLOURS TO CHOOSE FROM. It was a difficult choice deciding which to choose, however in the end I chose just good ol’ classic black, with matte frames! The sunnies too. 



At first, I was a bit concerned they would be too flashy to wear in public, but surprisingly they are quite casual and match really well! I wear the sunnies out a lot more than the glasses, and apparently the sunnies have UV400 protection! Protecting my eyes AND looking fashionable? Win-win, I think yes. (Though the majority of sunglasses out there protect the eyes and are fashionable. But just… *pauses* okay? HIMYM fans put your hands up!

Although looking fashionable could be debatable, as I’ve received a few mixed responses –

“They look like 3D glasses!”
“Why are you wearing 3D glasses out? *inserts wtfareyoudumborwhat look*”
“You look like a stalker.”
“You look like a pedophile.”
“You look like a pedophilic stalker.”

Geez, thanks guys. WHATEVER. Haters gonna hate! I myself think it looks pretty boss. However, if the all-black isn't for you, you can always go for the wide range of other colours and varieties (such as leopard print!).

If you love glasses, sunglasses, accessories, or just want a little something to spice up your look, definitely give these mega cool 8-bit pixel glasses a chance.

Rock on! 
J